Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Please rate the AG Historical Beds

  1. #11
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This has been an interesting post. I never knew about the problems with some of these beds. Just to add to my earlier post, I never has a problem with the structure of Sam's bed. The headboard has been sturdy. This bed has hosted my 9 pound dog from time to time. Emma loves to curl up on Sam's bed if there is not a doll sleeping in it. I think this is a pretty strong testimony for its durability, LOL. [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by lileva:
    Does anyone have Kit's bed?It looks like you get more for your money since you can fit two dolls in it.Or does anyone know of other companies who sell doll beds that are made nice,only more affordable?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We have Samantha's and Kit's. We purchased Kit's Sweet Dreams Collection so we got the nightstand, the bed, the bedding, and a second set of PJ's. I think we saved $20 by purchasing it this way. I would highly recommend Kit's bed. Ours is very sturdy and the color is beautiful. As you mentioned, you can fit two dolls in very easily. The phone that comes with the necessities is a little delicate for a child, I think, but overall, the whole collection is superb. Samantha's bed is beautiful as well. Our will only fit one doll, though.

    Kim

  3. #13
    Inactive Member KimberBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2003
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Kirsten's bed and I like it [img]smile.gif[/img] It's sturdy, lightweight, and you don't have to assemble it. The little pillow is so cute!
    The only thing I would change is I would make it come with more blankets. You only get the mattress and pillow with it and then your supposed to buy her quilt set to cover her with I think, but too me that doesn't seem like enough blankets for those cold Minnesota winters! [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 10, 2005 04:43 PM: Message edited by: KimberBee ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member lynet44's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's starting to sound like the good beds to get are Felicity's, Kit's and Kirsten's. Josefina's and Samantha's would be next. After that Addy's and the last one would be Molly's.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kirsten's bed is wonderful it is solid and very elegant. My Samantha bed doesn't screw together it slots together and can be disassemebled for storage/ and I don't how you could loose the balls because they were hard to get on. I it very pretty and very girlly. I also have yellow bunk beds which also slot together and can be dissassembed for storage. They are really nice other than I really don't like the sleeping bags as bedding, I made some of my own that looks really cool.

    Ashley

    PS-- Kit should be here today, I am waiting for the big brown truck as we speak.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Kit's entire bedroom collection, excluding the trunk, which would be cool to have someday. Anyway, I think Kit's bed is adorable. It's easy to assemble, and I can fit 3 dolls on it when it's out. I can even squish 2 dolls on it when it's just a twin bed! I say that if you want a bed for 2-3 dolls, then get Kit's. It's definitely an A+! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ones I have:

    Felicity's Bed A+++. It's so realistic, the details are perfect, and the bed curtains are lovely. The counterpane is thin, but I have a quilt too so Lissie doesn't freeze.

    Kirsten's Bed A+. Mine has held up for over 15 years of playing and moving. I love the rosemaling.

    Ones I've seen in person:

    Addy's rope bed- I'd give it a B+. I might buy it; I might not. It seems a bit rickety and I've heard it falls apart easily. But it is cute. I'm just running out of space for doll furniture so I'm a bit choosy now.

    Samantha's bed- For me, it's a B. I know lots of people really like it, but I just can't enjoy the frills. It's very girly. The only that worries me is that it seems a lot of these on ebay have missing ball finials, loose headboards, and the brass doesn't look so good. So I don't know how well it holds up- how much of that is lack of care vs. just being more delicate.

    Molly's bed- I just can't like this bed much. It seems kind of cheap compared to the other dolls' beds. B-

    Beds I've only seen in pictures:

    Josefina's- I will probably buy this. I love the design and the round bolster pillow. It's SO southwest! I'm interested to hear people's reviews- Josie's furniture looks so well-made and detailed in the catalog. I love it.

    Kit's- I will probably severely rein myself in and try not to purchase this, even though I really love the design and color. I just don't have the space for all that doll furniture! But I do think the bed is lovely and I actually really love the green. Kit's stuff is more up my alley- she's a lot like me!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Lissiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One of DD's closest friends has Josefina's. I'd rate it a A-. Great looking, and very fun. They've had a few problems with keeping it assembled, the footboard wants to fall off all the time, but that could be easily fixed.

    I LOVE the mattress, and the blanket is SO beautiful!

    We're getting Felicity's bed this year for sure for youngest DD. Older DD thinks she might want Josefina's, but we already have a lot of furniture, so we're running out of space! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •